Emporos is taking off!
The pharmacy continues to evolve as a critical provider of patient care in today’s world of healthcare, and every day millions of patients are safely and securely receiving life-saving medications from a point-of-sale (POS) powered by Emporos. Our expertise has created the safest and most efficient pharmacy POS in the industry, and we are just getting started.
We’re looking for an Assistant Controller to help lead the finance and accounting operation of our fast-growing, profitable, and private equity funded healthcare software company.
How our product works…
- Emporos builds a client-server POS system focused on retail, outpatient pharmacies
- Our POS uses OPOS (POS.NET) for interaction with standard POS hardware like cash drawers, receipt printers, and payment devices
- POS integrates with three credit card gateways that provide point-to-point encryption (P2PE), which helps keep MerchantSoft out of PCI Scope
- MerchantSoft Enterprise platform is built with the .NET Core 2 framework; an upgrade to .NET Core 3 is in the works
You'll be great at this job if you are...
- Detail-oriented while keeping the big picture in mind
- Highly organized
- Mathematically minded
- Great at using data, software, and models to generate insights
- Adventurous and excited about a real challenge
Your responsibilities include...
- Report to the Controller and work directly with the leadership team on financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis
- General monthly closing responsibilities
- Prepare account reconciliations and review staff’s reconciliations
- Help with day to day accounts payable and accounts receivable activities (bill payments, invoicing, and collecting)
- Support compliance requirements, including annual reports, sales, and income taxes
- Assist with process improvement and system implementation projects
- Provide year-end audit support
- Assist with documenting and improving internal control processes
- Help manage financial and accounting operations, including the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, collections, inventory, A/P, revenue distribution, depreciation, operating expenses, and insurance
- Perform other duties as assigned
We want you to have...
- BA/BS or MAC preferred
- 4+ years of public accounting utilizing strong technical skills in GAAP and financial analysis; CPA preferred
- Nuanced revenue recognition experience, including software industry experience or industries with nuanced revenue recognition principles
- Demonstrated the ability to lead and manage multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents
- Demonstrated the ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Demonstrated ability to present clearly, concisely, and with conviction
We are a great place to work because we provide….
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 4% company matching contribution
- Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Employer contributions healthcare HSA funds
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development, and sponsorship for conferences
- Maternity and paternity paid leave
We embrace an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and be part of a fast-growing and exciting business.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to work at Emporos. We are always looking for great people to add to our team.