Director of Engineering
Emporos is taking off!
The pharmacy continues to evolve as a critical provider of patient care in today’s world of healthcare, and every day millions of patients are safely and securely receiving lifesaving medications from a point-of-sale (POS) powered by Emporos. Our expertise has created the safest and most efficient pharmacy POS in the industry, and we are just getting started!
We're looking for a Director of Engineering who is excited to, not only solve hard problems related to mobile, payments and healthcare, but also, build, lead, and develop a great engineering team.
You'll be great at this job if you are…
- A person with a vision that is clear and far-seeing
- A person who can see both the forest and the trees
- A person who believes eloquent and concise are synonyms
- A person who listens carefully
- A person who can communicate in a way that everyone understands
- A person who knows how to spot amazing people
- A person who relishes in developing those with potential and promise
- A person who can smooth ruffled feathers
- A person who is committed to excellence, best practices and a process but constantly strives to improve
- A person who knows when to get out of the way
- A person with character, guts, and a backbone
- A person who admits to not have all the answers and asks for help
- A person who enjoys the success of the group over their own accolades
- A person who gives credit where credit is due
- A person who creates an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation
- A person that shows empathy and empowers stakeholders and peers but also a person that protects their team first
We will need you to...
- Recruit, build, develop, grow, and sustain the engineering team
- Define critical architectures to deliver on the product while working closely with the cross-functional organizational leaders to jointly define product milestones
- Implement an agile SDLC with an understanding of what it means to have continuous delivery with a quality mindset
- Track and analyze metrics to inform your efforts and give visibility to key stakeholders
- Have a voice on the Emporos executive leadership team and contribute to key company initiatives
You've got what we are looking for if you have...
- Managed a group of high performing developers
- Worked on taking an on-premise solution to cloud or has operated in a pure cloud environment
- Hands-on development and management of code tracking application.
- Skills, Development Tools, Programming Languages:
- Operating Systems: All flavors of Windows, Some IOS
- Internet Standards: XML/SOAP, HTTP/SSL, XHTML/CSS, SMTP, H323, TCP/IP, MIME, Rest
- UML Design & Modeling is preferred and is a Plus.
- Development IDE: PHP storm, Visual Studio, TFS,SVN, XCode
- With that said, we value people who can work across the full stack. Knowledge of best practices in this stack is a definite plus, but we are more interested in good software fundamentals than knowing a specific tech stack.
We are a great place to work because we provide….
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 4% company matching contribution
- Employer sponsored healthcare coverage for you and your family • Employer contributions healthcare HSA funds (up to $3,600 per year)
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development, and sponsorship for conferences
- Maternity and paternity paid leave
We're profitable, growing, and well-funded, so we have the luxury of being able to invest in whatever will best serve the long-term value of the company and we know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees.
We embrace an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us, and let’s build really cool things together.
If we sound fun and interesting to you, please apply with some links (e.g. GitHub, Twitter) or attachments (e.g. non-public code, technical writings) that will help us understand your background.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for great people to add to our team.