Software Test Engineer II
Emporos is taking off!
The pharmacy continues to evolve as a critical provider of patient care in today’s world of healthcare, and every day millions of patients are safely and securely receiving life-saving medications from a point-of-sale (POS) powered by Emporos. Our expertise has created the safest and most efficient pharmacy POS in the industry, and we are just getting started.
We’re looking for a Software Test Engineer II who is excited to solve hard problems related to mobile, payments, and healthcare in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
We're profitable, growing, and well-funded, so we have the luxury of being able to invest in whatever will best serve the long-term value of the company, and we know the best investment we can make is in our employees and the resources to help them be successful.
How our product works…
- Emporos builds a client-server POS system focused on retail, outpatient pharmacies
- Our POS uses OPOS (POS.NET) for interaction with standard POS hardware like cash drawers, receipt printers, and payment devices
- POS integrates with three credit card gateways that provide point-to-point encryption (P2PE), which helps keep MerchantSoft out of PCI Scope
- MerchantSoft Enterprise platform is built with the .NET Core 2 framework; an upgrade to .NET Core 3 is in the works
We will need you to...
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with engineers, designers, and product managers to release life-changing products
- Develop and execute rigorous test plans for identifying and tracking issues in our products before they ship
- Work closely with our engineering leads to instill a culture of quality in development
- Institute world-class standards, methods, and procedures to assess and ensure the highest product quality and release readiness
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features, and process changes
- Contribute in design, grooming, and review sessions with product and engineering
- Maintain detailed knowledge of evolving product suite at Emporos to ensure that user feedback flows to the product team and fuels innovation
You’ve got what we are looking for if you have…
- Strong 3-5 years of experience developing and executing both manual and automated test suites
- Experience with C#, Git, Selenium WebDriver, SOA/ Web Services /APIs
- Contributing and maintaining an existing automation framework by writing UI and API-level automated tests
- Experience testing Native and Web based applications
- Experience testing cloud and locally hosted applications
- Experience with debugging tools such as Postman, Fiddler, and Swagger
- Robust knowledge of SQL and ability to write queries for testing data quality
- Experience testing applications in a high-throughput environment
- Solid knowledge of the Quality Assurance process within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies (Scrum)
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, and great communication skills
- Experience working across teams to resolve issues and impediments
- This isn't just about "Quality Assurance"; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts as a company
- Ability to think outside of the box when writing detailed test cases
- Strong desire to learn and grow as a contributing team member
You'll be great at this job if you are...
- A person who listens carefully and asks the right questions
- A person who can communicate in a way that everyone understands
- A person with a cool head but a fire in their belly
- A person who writes clear, tested, and documented code for others
- A person who is curious and enjoys learning but just as importantly excels at knowing how to learn
- A person who admits to not have all the answers and asks for help
- A person who enjoys the success of the group over their own accolades
- A person who gives credit where credit is due
- A person who takes pride in helping teammates break through walls, teach new skills, and appreciates peer feedback
- A person who sees no one task as beneath them
- A person wiling to wear multiple hats
- A person who values culture as much as technical skill
- A person with character, guts, and a backbone
- A person who communicates peer feedback and explains flaws that they want to hear with precise, actionable insight to reach resolution
- A person who tests the boundaries and imagines all the possibilities of failure
We are a great place to work because we provide….
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 4% company matching contribution
- Employer sponsored healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Employer contributions healthcare HSA funds
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development, and sponsorship for conferences
We embrace an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build really cool things together. If we sound fun and interesting to you, please apply with some links (e.g. GitHub, Twitter) or attachments (e.g. non-public code, technical writings) that will help us understand your background.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you want to work at Emporos. We are always looking for great people to add to our team.