Software Test Engineer II
Emporos is taking off!
The pharmacy continues to evolve as a critical provider of patient care in today’s world of healthcare, and every day millions of patients are safely and securely receiving life-saving medications from a point-of-sale (POS) powered by Emporos. Our expertise has created the safest and most efficient pharmacy POS in the industry, and we are just getting started.
We’re looking for a Software Test Engineer II to contribute and drive the overall quality of all Emporos products, aiming to constantly improve performance and user experience.
How our product works…
- Emporos builds a client-server POS system focused on retail, outpatient pharmacies
- Our POS uses OPOS (POS.NET) for interaction with standard POS hardware like cash drawers, receipt printers, and payment devices
- POS integrates with three credit card gateways that provide point-to-point encryption (P2PE), which helps keep MerchantSoft out of PCI Scope
- MerchantSoft Enterprise platform is built with the .NET Core 2 framework; an upgrade to .NET Core 3 is in the works
We will need you to...
- Analyze and develop rigorous test suites and plans for evaluating and testing the application
- Execute functional, integration, or regression test suites and report and track defects in our products before they ship
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with engineers, designers, and product managers throughout the software development cycle to release innovative products
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new & upcoming functionality, features, and process changes
- Maintain detailed knowledge of evolving product suite at Emporos to ensure that user feedback flows to the product team and fuels innovation
- Contribute in design, grooming, and review sessions with product and engineering by offering input on the impact of design for a potential feature
- This isn't just about "Quality Assurance;" we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts as a company
- Maintain automation framework and police automation test suite (DOE)
You’ve got what we are looking for if you have…
- Minimum 3 years of proven software manual testing experience
- Ability to think outside of the box when writing detailed test cases
- Attention to detail looking for patterns and spotting irregularities
- Experience testing native and web-based, cloud and locally-hosted applications
- Robust understanding of Web Services/APIs and the movement of data, and the typical debugging tools such as Postman, Fiddler, and Swagger
- Knowledge of SQL with the ability to write queries testing data quality and assisting with testing needs
- Solid knowledge of the Quality Assurance process within the Software Development Life Cycle & Agile methodologies
- Strong desire to learn and grow as a contributing team member
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, and great communication skills
- Experience working across teams to resolve issues and impediments
It's a plus if you have...
- Expereicne with executing automation and the desire to learn about it
- Solid understanding of test automation fundamentals and best practices
- Experience with programming or scripting languages like C# or TypeScript
You'll be great at this job if you are...
- A person who listens carefully and asks the right questions
- A person who can communicate in a way that everyone understands
- A person with a cool head but a fire in their belly
- A person who writes clear, tested, and documented code for others
- A person who is curious and enjoys learning but just as importantly excels at knowing how to learn
- A person who admits to not have all the answers and asks for help
- A person who enjoys the success of the group over their own accolades
- A person who gives credit where credit is due
- A person who takes pride in helping teammates break through walls, teach new skills, and appreciates peer feedback
- A person who sees no one task as beneath them
- A person wiling to wear multiple hats
- A person who values culture as much as technical skill
- A person with character, guts, and a backbone
- A person who communicates peer feedback and explains flaws that they want to hear with precise, actionable insight to reach resolution
- A person who tests the boundaries and imagines all the possibilities of failure
We are a great place to work because we provide….
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 4% company matching contribution
- Employer sponsored healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Employer contributions healthcare HSA funds (up to $3,6000 per year)
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development, and sponsorship for conferences
- Maternity and paternity paid leave
We embrace an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build really cool things together. If we sound fun and interesting to you, please apply with some links (e.g. GitHub, Twitter) or attachments (e.g. non-public code, technical writings) that will help us understand your background.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you want to work at Emporos. We are always looking for great people to add to our team.